This documentation provides instructions on how to integrate DevinoOnline messaging services into various solutions by using HTTP API.
DevinoOnline platform provides multiple communication channels:
In order to start using services through the API you need to do the next steps:
- Сreate your Personal account on Customer portal. Skip this step if you already have Devino Online account
- Follow documentation instructions to integrate with services, you are interested in
- Send requests to
API Portal Document structure¶
Each chapter contains:
- HTTP API method scheme for particular service
- Detailed description of request and response parameters
- Request and response examples
All HTTP API methods have to be authenticated. Before you start, we recommend you to read Authorization chapter.
All API requests require authentication. Set the HTTP authorization header which contains the authentication type and credentials.
Authorization: <type> <credentials>
Devino API provides two types of authorization:
- API KEY: generated API key.
- Basic: Base64 encoded combination of username and password.
API Key is the most flexible and secure type of authorization. API keys can have limited scope and applied to only some API methods, besides they can be revoked at any time. Due to these reasons API keys well suited for separating the API access rights across multiple applications.
In order to get an API Key:
- Create your Personal account
- Contact company manager or technical support
- Unique API key will be generated and sent to the e-mail address specified during registration in Personal Account.
API key Authorization header example:
Authorization: Key YWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuc2VzYW1l
Basic authorization type can be used when API key is not available. For example, it is easy to start using API with this auth type during test period.
Authorization header is Base64 encoded combination of login and password of Devino Online personal account.
Creating an authentication header:
- Username and password are combined by colon (:) as a separator (login:password).
- The resulting string is encoded using Base64
- The encoded string is added as a credential after the "Basic" type.
Authorization: Basic YWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuc2VzYW1l